Registered Nurse (RN) Fellowship Program
ArchCare’s WIO Program has launched a new RN Fellowship program in collaboration with the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing at The NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing.
- Cohort-based, hands-on, multi-modal program for new nurses entering post-acute long-term care settings
- Program length is 9 months, split into three trimesters
- Fellows’ time will be split between one-on-one time with a trained preceptor in the field and supplemental education in a classroom setting, with an increased percentage of time in the field as the program progresses.
- Help new nurses see the LTC setting as a more attractive long-term career option
- Prepare new nurses for the complexities of the LTC environment
- Develop new nurses’ knowledge, skills, behaviors, and attitudes needed to provide quality gerontological care
- Improve patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Improve staff satisfaction and retention
- BS in Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in New York
- Commit to two-year, full time employment with ArchCare