ArchCare Independent Housing
Independent Housing...in the community and for the community
ArchCare remains focused on Jesus’ example of bringing healing, hope and compassion to individuals and communities, including those who are underserved and often marginalized. Following the courageous example of Religious Sisters who pointed the way forward, ArchCare is discerning additional ways to provide care that will help the ministry remain socially relevant. In keeping with our ArchCare mission, each tenant is treated as a whole person, always treating them with dignity and respect, offering them the highest quality of life through a model that delivers excellence.
Why choose ArchCare's Independent Housing?
Saint Teresa of Calcutta and the Holy Father remind us that we have the responsibility to defend human dignity and embrace the most vulnerable among us. - His Eminence, Timothy Cardinal Dolan, Archbishop of New York
- To enable adults with autism to live away from their families, probably for the first time.
- To allow families to keep their loved ones close and continue to support them in achieving greater independence.
- To provide a supportive and welcome environment where tenants can further develop the skills, confidence and relationships to be successful with independent living, so that later in life when family support may diminish due to age or death, they will be secure.
ArchCare at St Teresa, Staten Island, NY
ArchCare at St. Teresa opened in January 2020 and continues to have the highest levels of satisfaction from tenants and their families. Conveniently located on a residential block in Staten Island, tenants have access to restaurants, shopping, transportation, and all community services. The building features many common areas and amenities, as well as a vibrant Tenant Council that meets monthly.
- To file an application for our Waiting List for an apartment at ArchCare at St Teresa, Click here.
ArchCare’s St Frances Cabrini Apartments at Immaculate Conception Church, Eastchester, NY
Construction is now ongoing to convert the convent at Immaculate Conception Church into apartments in a fully renovated building. The building will offer common areas and amenities that will provide tenants with space to gather for events, clubs, activities, and meetings, including our Tenant Council meetings that provides leadership to planning a monthly calendar that is published by the Tenant Council and features events on which tenants decide.
To apply for an apartment at ArchCare’s St. Frances Cabrini Apartments at Immaculate Conception Church, please complete an application which must be mailed USPS to ArchCare 205 Lexington Avenue, 3rd Floor New York, NY 10016 Attn: Donna Maxon and postmarked no later than March 31, 2023. An ArchCare representative will reach out to you after your application has been received and processed by our Staff. ArchCare will hold a Lottery for all applications to receive a number in early April 2023. Applications postmarked after March 31, 2023 will not be part of this initial Housing Lottery.
- Complete an application for ArchCare’s St. Frances Cabrini Apartments at Immaculate Conception Church, Tuckahoe, NY, Date of Availability: Early 2024. Click here.