ArchCare cares for people of all ages and faiths where they are most comfortable and best able to receive it – at home, in the community and in nursing homes. As the Continuing Care Community of the Archdiocese of New York, we see enhancing the lives of our elders and others who need extra help to stay healthy and live life to its fullest as more than just a job. To us, it’s a privilege and our calling.
ArchCare Mission Statement
The mission of ArchCare, the Continuing Care Community of the Archdiocese of New York, is to foster and provide faith based holistic care to frail and vulnerable people unable to fully care for themselves. Through shared commitments, ArchCare seeks to improve the quality of the lives of those individuals and their families.
Core Values of ArchCare
- Justice: We live and work as members of a community and all members of our community have rights that are coupled with responsibilities.
- Inclusiveness: While we are unified as one community, each of us is valued for our unique heritage and defined only by our eagerness to contribute to the best of our abilities.
- Respect: Each of us is as important as any other - whether resident, family, friend, volunteer, or employee - and we must respect each other if we are to receive respect.
- Integrity: To be a truly caring community, we must speak and act with total honesty, without concern for the consequences of our truthfulness.
- Benevolence: We recognize that those with the greatest needs often have the least resources, and we will provide the same care to the disenfranchised that we do to those who have been more fortunate.
- Humility: While subscribing to high ideals, we will recognize our individual and collective limits. Only then can we continue to grow towards who and what we so earnestly strive to be.
- Spirituality: While we take pride in following the traditions of the Roman Catholic Church, we seek to serve people of all beliefs equally and to fulfill each individual’s spiritual needs by respecting their distinct beliefs.
Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services
As The Continuing Care Community of the Archdiocese of New York, ArchCare carries out its care obligations and policies in accord with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs) issued by the United States Conference of Bishops and other statements from the Magisterium of the Church as interpreted by the Ordinary of the Archdiocese of New York. Please follow this link to access an on-line version of the ERDs.
Where there is a need, ArchCare is there. ArchCare provides:
Nursing home alternatives that enable seniors and others with chronic health needs to continue to live safely and independently
Home health services for infants, children and adults
Health plans that coordinate all of a member’s healthcare needs and the Medicare and Medicaid benefits for which they are eligible
Family-centered end-of-life and palliative care
Specialized care for people with exceptional needs
If you have questions about continuing care options, Medicare or Medicaid benefits, or other topics, or just want information and guidance to help find the right kind of care, please call us at 1‑855‑951‑CARE (2273) (TTY/TDD: 711). We’re here to help from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. If we don’t have the answer you need, we’ll do our best to help you find it. That’s the care in ArchCare.